Accounting Team Lead-Cheyenne
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: March 24, 2020
FIAC10-12423-General Accounting Team
Lead-CheyennePrintApplyFIAC10-12423-General Accounting Team
Lead-CheyenneSalary$4,839.86 - $6,236.95 MonthlyLocationCheyenne,
WYJob TypeFull TimeDepartment049-Financial ServicesJob
- QuestionsDescription and FunctionsOpen Until FilledGENERAL
DESCRIPTION: This position reports directly to the General
Accounting Manager as the Lead Worker/Training Coordinator in the
General Accounting Division of Financial Services. The purpose of
this position is to ensure that the department is in compliance
with State Statutes, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and
DFS accounting policies and procedures. Human Resource Contact:
Kitty Cornils 307-777-5826 email@example.comESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not
intended to describe every function which may be performed in the
- Serve as the Agency Fiscal Training Coordinator.
- Develop training materials and conduct workshops to inform and
educate all DFS personnel regarding agency fiscal policies and
- Recommend changes to fiscal policy when new guidance is issued
from the SAO and suggest methods for improving operational
- Communicate policy changes to fiscal and division staff.
- Work with General Accounting Manager to monitor workload and
ensure that payment documents are processed in a timely
- Examine and approve fiscal documents including GAXs, PRCs, POs,
- Serve as the Agency Procurement Coordinator.
- Review and enter all bid exceptions electronically for
- Prepare Master Service Contracts (MSCs) to allow program
managers to make payments against executed contracts.
- Develop standardized agency fiscal forms
- Serve as the primary contact for petty cash accounts held by
- Serve as the purchasing card coordinator for the agency.
- Setting up new purchasing cards, cancelling purchasing cards,
and adjusting spending strategies as needed.
- Develop and facilitate purchasing card training needs for the
- Serve as the agency fiscal security liaison responsible for
controlling WOLFS access for DFS
employees.QualificationsPREFERENCES: Preference will be given to
those with capable public speaking skills, knowledge of government
accounting, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, rules, regulations and
- Knowledge of basic accounting, business principles, budgets and
- Knowledge of WOLFS system.
- Knowledge of budget and procurement practices and
- Knowledge of State Personnel Rules and associated federal
- Knowledge of internal controls over accounting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as they
are applied to government accounting systems.
- Knowledge of government management including human resources,
accounting and general management.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Knowledge of federal grant application, progress reporting and
financial reporting. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education:Bachelor's
Degree (typically in Finance)Experience:1-2 years of progressive
work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at
the level of an Accounting AnalystOREducation & Experience
Substitution:4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in
Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Accounting
AnalystCertificates, Licenses, Registrations:NoneNecessary Special
- FLSA: Exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will
require a background information check, INCLUDING the taking of
fingerprints, which will be completed through the Wyoming
Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family
Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every
successful applicant.Supplemental Information049-Department of
Family Services - Financial ServicesClick here to view the State of
Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.URL:
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfmThe State of
Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the
ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with
disabilities.Class Specifications are subject to change, please
refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most
recent version.There are many benefits to living and working in
Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide open spaces and clean air,
great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to
mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State
employees a very generous benefit package. Please click here for
more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.For
additional information on living in the state of Wyoming please
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , Accounting Team Lead-Cheyenne, Accounting, Auditing , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!