Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Analyst-CheyenneSalary$23.38 - $30.13 HourlyLocationCheyenne, WYJob
TypeFull TimeDepartment001-Homeland SecurityJob Number12118
- QuestionsDescription and FunctionsOpen Until Filled GENERAL
DESCRIPTION: Under the leadership of the Grants and Finance Section
Chief, the Finance Specialist will perform professional level
accounting/budgeting work at a full operational level which
includes judgment in applying established accounting procedures and
regulations. The applicant will maintain financial records,
checking for accuracy of accounting processes; prepare and
interpret financial reports; give financial advice to assist in the
evaluation of management problems; assess data and provide
technical advice in budget preparation. This work is in support of
the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security (WOHS) mission, "Preparing
Wyoming to respond to and recover from all-hazards." The applicant
will provide technical assistance and administrative support for
the Director and Deputy Director on issues as needed. The applicant
may perform duties as a local liaison or within the State Response
Coordination Center (SRCC) during exercises or real-world incidents
within the State of Wyoming.Human Resource Contact: Hilary
Wasserburger 307-777-6404 firstname.lastname@example.orgESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not
intended to describe every function which may be performed in the
- Prepares and manages the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security's
state and federal budgets.
- Participates in the budgeting process by compiling past
expenditure figures, receiving cost estimates for planned
activities from functional program managers and developing
cooperative agreements and budget documents.
- Updates cooperative agreements throughout the performance
period, trackingexpenditures and making changes when more accurate
funding figures become available.
- Updates and maintains budget on the WOLFS system.
- Works with all federal agencies that provide funding as well as
with Department of Administration & Information Budget.
- Works with program staff to review all agency expenditures for
allowability under Federal grants, completeness of documentation,
accuracy, timeliness and proper preparation.
- Ensures that expenditures do not exceed funds available.
- Reconciles accounts and makes necessary corrections.
- Maintains federal cash balances, initiates Federal draw down
requests as needed, based on monitoring of expenditures and meeting
federal/state match ratios.
- Monitors program managers' calculations of federal requirements
for match to ensure requirements are met.
- Compiles reports required by state and federal entities and as
requested by management.
- Prepares regular (quarterly, monthly) expenditure reports for
federal agencies providing funding, and quarterly cash transaction
reports for the various federal agencies providing and/or
overseeing agency's federal cash flow.
- Annually prepares the "Schedule of Federal Financial
Assistance" for the StateAuditor's Office.
- Works with federal funding assistance officers to ensure that
all documentation hasbeen submitted to close Federal grants.
- Prepares, annually, the Agency's Indirect Cost Proposal.
- Responsible for maintenance and revisions to Agency's Financial
Policies & Procedures which governs agency fiscal
- Assesses data and provides technical advice in preparation and
administration of total annual agency
budget.QualificationsPREFERENCES: Preference may be given to
applicants with WOLFS experience.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of State Personnel Rules and associated federal
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, methods and
techniques of government accounting and fiscal control.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts and current practices of
government management, including budget development and control,
personnel and purchasing management and administrative prerogatives
- Working knowledge of the WOLFS system and federal grant rules
- Knowledge of general accounting and budgeting process,
particularly the State of Wyoming financial systems.
- Knowledge of Federal Grant Reporting Policies and
- Knowledge of general government and budgeting processes at all
- Ability to analyze local and state emergency management/budget
programs and offer solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of Department of Homeland Security and Federal
Emergency Management Agency priorities with working knowledge of
state homeland security strategies.
- Ability to organize work, answer inquiries Independently and
accurately, and work as a team when needed.MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS:Education:Bachelor's Degree (typically in
Finance)Experience:0-3 years of progressive work experience
(typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of a
Senior AccountantOREducation & Experience Substitution:4-6 years of
progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired
knowledge at the level of a Senior AccountantCertificates,
Licenses, Registrations:NoneNecessary Special RequirementsNOTES:
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on
or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Applicants must have the ability to qualify for a Secret
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a limited
criminal background investigation.
- Additional certifications and/or licenses may be required by
the agency.Supplemental Information001-Homeland SecurityClick here
to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.URL:
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfmThe State of
Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the
ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with
disabilities.Class Specifications are subject to change, please
refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most
recent version.There are many benefits to living and working in
Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide open spaces and clean air,
great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to
mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State
employees a very generous benefit package. Please click here for
more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.For
additional information on living in the state of Wyoming please
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , Analyst-Cheyenne, Accounting, Auditing , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!