Company: Sun Life Financial
Posted on: May 11, 2022
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of
view. Here, you'll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be
your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in
their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you.
Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and
soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting
opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at
the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a
difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities
around the world.
As the Payroll Accounting Analyst, North America, you will be
responsible to ensure our payroll and accounting processes are
handled effectively and efficiently. You are responsible for
ensuring that best practices are followed for Payroll Accounting
processing coordinated by internal Payroll staff through external
providers and payment to all North America based employees.
What will you do?
* Daily review of key Info Types updated by HR Service Centre in
GlobalView; provide feedback to Leaders regarding audit results,
* Accurately process all tasks related to the bi-weekly pay and
ensure all steps are completed accurately and on time
* Produce accurate reports for Human Resources (HR), Finance,
Benefits, Pension, Compensation team(s)
* Process tax remittances requests to Corp Taxation, tax notices in
* Reconcile HR Accounts bi-weekly and monthly, analyze
discrepancies taking action to correct as required
* Process accounting entries and deposit benefits cheques
* Handle questions regarding tax slips, pay deductions including
taxation on bonus etc.
* Monitor and implement new legislative changes in partnership with
our payroll provider to ensure our payroll system and processes are
accurate and compliant
* Participate in maintaining payroll system configuration changes,
test and validate integration changes, year-end project
* Take ownership and coordinate updates to process documentation.
Identify training gaps and process improvements
* Administer and support accounting practices for our payroll
* Handle miscellaneous projects and additional work as required
* Participate in daily huddles
* Develop and maintain excellent relationships with strategic
business partners and external providers
What do you need to succeed?
* Excellent knowledge of Payroll processes
* Experience with North America Payroll processes (Canada, US)
* Experience with payroll year end processes (Canada, US)
* Experience with ADP GlobalView
* Experience in Payroll accounting (general ledger entries,
* Strong issue resolution skills
* Intermediate to high proficiency of Excel
* Detailed oriented, organized with an ability to balance multiple
tasks in a fast paced environment
* Have Payroll Certification ( CPA or APA) as an asset
What's in it for you?
* 15 days vacation per year
* Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you
and your family
* Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health -
mental, physical and financial
* Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life
and enjoy a healthier lifestyle
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is
posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the
successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay,
eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans,
payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and
company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales
incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values
at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and
creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we
operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from
qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application
process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may
e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where
our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible
work options are available and can be discussed throughout the
selection process depending on the role requirements and individual
Sun Life is committed to the health and safety of all those in our
workplaces and our communities. In accordance with Sun Life's
Vaccination Policy (Canada):
* Employees permitted to work remotely are required to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend a Sun Life office,
Financial Centre or offsite location where activity related to Sun
Life business occurs.
* Employees whose job duties require them to attend a Sun Life
office, Financial Centre or offsite location for Sun Life business
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective May 1st.
* Employees whose regular workplace is a Financial Centre and SLFD
field leaders must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or
participate in Sun Life's Rapid Screening Program to attend a
Financial Centre or an offsite event.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
37,600/37 600 - 61,500/61 500
Posting End Date:
Keywords: Sun Life Financial, Cheyenne , Payroll Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!