Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Salary: $32.52 - $36.13 Hourly
Location : Pinedale, WY
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2023-01742
Department: 045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Construction
Opening Date: 08/29/2023
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is an agency
committed to providing a safe, high-quality, and efficient
transportation system for the State of Wyoming. WYDOT now seeks a
full-time Engineer II located in Pinedale, Wyoming. This position
is responsible for, but not limited to, performing tasks for
highway projects from inception through design, construction, and
contract completion, under the direction of the Resident
Pinedale lies along the Continental Divide and is a great location
for much of the beauty Wyoming has to offer. It is bordered by the
Wind River Range, the Gros Ventre Range, and the Wyoming Range. It
is in close proximity to the Bridger Wilderness Area, 78 miles
south of Jackson, and 90 miles south of Yellowstone National Park.
Pinedale offers nearby access to mountain biking, skiing, hiking,
fishing, and other outdoor activities. The town hosts the Green
River Rendezvous, a reenactment of historic fur trader gatherings
at the Upper Green River Rendezvous Site in the nearby town of
Daniel. Wyoming is one of seven states with no income tax.
Human Resource Contact: (307)352-3048/ Terra Poling -
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and
are not intended to describe every function which may be performed
at the job level.
- Issues, reviews, comments, and revised plan sets.
- Reviews and approves or rejects project
- Reviews and updates forms and documentation procedures in
regard to construction activities and pay quantities.
- Inspects and assures projects/facilities are completed in
accordance with plans, specifications, and design criteria, and are
within budgetary constraints.
- Compiles and submits engineering recommendations and summaries
for the design of a variety of projects/facilities with varying
levels of complexity.
- Conducts extensive research on existing and evolving
- Provides technical guidance, advice, and oversight.
- Reviews Architectural drawings and specifications in regards to
building construction. Monitors and inspects contractor operations
during building construction to ensure compliance with the plans
- Works in direct contact with contractors and subcontractors on
a daily basis in the management of projects under
- In the same context, it deals with landowners, traveling public
and local, county, state, and federal government entities.
- Maintains and manipulates databases, builds network-wide
performance models used for system analysis; and provides technical
support on widely-used department software programs.
- Surveys buildings and other structures and determine their
ability to withstand the forces of nature, as well as other
unnatural disasters such as fire, explosion, and warfare.
- Ensures that all public buildings are constructed or modified
to conform with federal and state laws that require access and
accommodation for the handicapped.
- Knowledge of authoritative reference materials in the field of
- Knowledge of surveying and surveying instruments, and
measurement and testing equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of complex algorithms used in mathematical computer
models to recognize the theory as the basis of their use.
- Knowledge of construction methods and processes, project
scheduling, cost estimating procedures, and material quantity
- Knowledge of scientific and/or technical research
Bachelor's Degree (in Engineering)
0-3 years of progressive work experience (in Engineering) with
acquired knowledge at the level of an Engineer I.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Engineer in Training (EIT) License or Fundamentals in Engineering
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to sit/stand and operate equipment for long periods of
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time in adverse
- Work around heavy machinery.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- WYDOT will conduct motor vehicle record checks to verify for a
valid driver's license.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about , including your rights and
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District
Click to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively
supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A &
I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Working for the State of Wyoming provides employees with a range of
valuable benefits and offers a fulfilling career path. Employees
enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental,
and vision plans, ensuring their well-being and that of their
families. Additionally, the state offers multiple retirement plans,
which provide financial security and stability for employees once
their career in public services comes to an end. the state
recognizes the importance of personal time and offers generous paid
time off and flexible arrangements, allowing employees to recharge,
take care of personal matters, and maintain a healthy work-life
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful
country with wide-open spaces, clean air, great recreational
activities, and no State income tax to mention a few!
to learn more!
(ENEG09) Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering?
(ENEG09) Which of the following best describes your work experience
Engineering? Experience definition: (This experience includes
- No relevant experience.
- Less than one (1) year of relevant experience.
- One (1) to less than two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Two (2) to less than three (3) years of relevant
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
(AA) Describe your relevant experience in the box below.
(ENEG09) Do you possess an Engineer in Training (EIT) License
Required or a Fundamentals in Engineering (FE)?
(AB) Please provide your license/certificate no. in the box
(A) Where did you hear about this opportunity?
- Goverment jobs www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wyoming
- Zip Recruiter
- Wyoming Workforce Center
- Other job sites (Wyoming at Work, Monster, etc.)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Newspaper/Newsletter Advertisement
- Career Fair
- Human Resourses Division
- Friend or Acquaintance (Not State Employee)
- Current State Employee
(A) If you selected "Current State Employee" please provide the
employee's first and last name, and include the department they
work for, if known. This employee may be eligible for a Referral
(A1) If you selected Other, please tell us where you heard about
(AA) VETERANS' PREFERENCE DISCLOSURE: PER WYOMING STATUTE, current
employees of the State of Wyoming are not eligible for veterans'
preference. If you are not a current employee of the State of
Wyoming, to be eligible to receive veterans' preference you MUST
have been a resident of the State of Wyoming for a period of one
(1) year or more at any time prior to submitting this application.
I have read and understand the veterans' preference disclosure.
- I am not a veteran
(AA) VETERANS' PREFERENCE: If you are a war veteran as defined in
section 101, Title 38, United States Code or are the surviving
spouse of a war veteran who receives survivor benefits from the
federal government based on the veteran's military service, and
wish to claim veterans' preference, please attach the appropriate
documentation substantiating your claim. Indicate below your
appropriate veterans' preference status. By requesting veterans'
preference, you are certifying that you meet the statutory
requirements as described in the above disclosure.
- Current State Employee
- Veteran - DD214 Attached
- Disabled Veteran (10% or more) - DD214 and Veteran's Disability
- Surviving Spouse of a Deceased Veteran - DD214 and proof of
Survivor Benefit Attached
- None of the above
(AA) Please be advised that an incomplete application WILL NOT be
considered for employment. An attached resume' is not required and
is not an acceptable substitution for a completed application. Some
State of Wyoming agencies use E-Verify, an Internet-based system,
to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in
the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights
and responsibilities at https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.I have read
and understand the above statement.
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , ENEG09-2023-01742-Engineer II-Pinedale, Engineering , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!