& Data Management Clerk-Cheyenne
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: February 16, 2020
BARD05-12233-Records & Data Management
Clerk-CheyennePrintApplyBARD05-12233-Records & Data Management
Clerk-CheyenneSalary$2,601.23 - $3,352.11 MonthlyLocationCheyenne,
WYJob TypeFull TimeDepartment020-Water QualityJob
Number12233Closing2/25/2020 11:59 PM Mountain
- QuestionsDescription and FunctionsGENERAL DESCRIPTION:This
position provides high-quality records and data management to the
Water Quality Division (WQD) by developing, maintaining, and
populating electronic information management systems to support
WQD's records management goals and facilitate records access for
current and future users.Human Resource Contact: Cindy Hayden -
(307)777-7939ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are
illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function
which may be performed in the job level.
- Gathers, examines, analyzes, records, and maintains information
in records and data management systems.
- Performs a variety of tasks associated with management,
implementation, evaluation, and retention of records systems.
- Applies knowledge of WQD programmatic, administrative, and
regulatory requirements, as well as records management best
practices to division workflows and processes using considerable
judgment and decision-making skills.
- Coordinates WQD's response to and fulfillment of public
requests for information, corresponding with the public and other
agencies and ensuring compliance with statutory timelines.
- Verifies legitimacy of requests for information, ensuring that
nothing confidential may be used for fraudulent purposes.
- Coordinates the transfer of hard copy records to and from the
State Records Center.
- Inventories, prepares, and describes digital archives
- Assists with scanning efforts to convert hard copy records to
digital format and reviews scanned records for accuracy.
- Manages and documents physical and digital records
- Collaborates with program staff to develop and implement
records management workflows.
- Maintains and monitors databases and inputs new records into
- Receives and processes requests and updates information.
- Identifies and prepares reports as appropriate and as
- Utilizes various types of software and databases.
- Assists with quality assurance.
- Provides technical support and/or training for the
- Troubleshoots various issues in databases.
- Helps train, review, and direct work completed by temporary WQD
- Assists office support staff with administrative and clerical
duties as needed.QualificationsKNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of the Department of Environmental Quality programs,
policies, procedures, guidance, and rules.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices of
information and records management.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing a high level of customer
- Knowledge of personal computers including software such as word
processors, spreadsheets, PDF document management programs, and
relational databases, programs and hardware such as scanning and
- Knowledge of electronic records and document management
- Strong communication, organization, problem-solving, and time
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to adapt to new workflows and processes.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others.MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS:Education:Associate's Degree (typically in Records
or Data Management)Experience:0-1 year of progressive work
experience (typically in Records and Data Management) with acquired
knowledge at the level of a Records & Data Management
TechnicianOREducation & Experience Substitution:2-4 years of
progressive work experience (typically in Records and Data
Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Records &
Data Management TechnicianCertificates, Licenses,
Registrations:NoneNecessary Special RequirementsPHYSICAL WORKING
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to do some walking, standing, and bending.
- Infrequent travel may be required.NOTES:
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on
or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid
hourly.Supplemental Information020-Department of Environmental
Quality - Water Quality DivisionClick here to view the State of
Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.URL:
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfmThe State of
Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the
ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with
disabilities. Class Specifications are subject to change, please
refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most
recent version.There are many benefits to living and working in
Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide open spaces and clean air,
great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to
mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State
employees a very generous benefit package. Please click here for
more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.For
additional information on living in the state of Wyoming please
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , & Data Management Clerk-Cheyenne, Executive , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!