14G Air Defense Battle Management System Operator
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Defend the skies using complex technology as an Air Defense Battle Management System Operator for the Army National Guard. You will primarily be responsible for integrating, operating, and maintaining multiple systems to detect aerial threats and communicate them to your crews.
In this role, you will learn how to operate the Sentinel Radar system to provide warning, detection, and protection for armed forces, and will play a vital role in guarding against aerial and space-based attacks.
• Movement, placement, operation, and maintenance of the Sentinel Radar system in various locations and environments
• Establish network interoperability with Allied, Joint, and other Air Defense units
• Collect, integrate, and process tactical battlefield information from multiple users and sensors through a network of Army and Joint-service automated battle command systems
• Provide airspace situational awareness, deconflict and clear airspace to ensure air superiority
• Evaluate intelligence data and identify targets, perform real-time status reporting during combat
• Provide early warning and conduct engagement operations to destroy incoming rocket, artillery, and mortar threats
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Operating and maintaining the Sentinel Radar system and associated shelters
• Plan, coordinate, and establish connectivity in Air Defense Local and Wide Area networks (LAN/WAN)
• Maintenance and troubleshooting on electronic and mechanical components
• Utilize digital data and voice communications equipment
• Evaluate intelligence data for engagement operations
• Air Defense Artillery tactics, techniques, procedures, and air battle strategy
• Interest in work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
• Interest in technical electronic, mechanical, and computer systems
• Ability to multi-task and remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to adapt to a wide range of working environments
• Ability to work as a team member
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as an electrician.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Air Defense Battle Management System Operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
ZIP Code: 82009
Job Category: Heavy Weapons
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Computer, network, networking, engineer, engineering, science, programmer
Keywords: Army National Guard, Cheyenne , 14G Air Defense Battle Management System Operator, Executive , Cheyenne, Wyoming
here to apply!