Registered Nurse - Resource Pool - Nights
Company: Cheyenne Regional
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionCheyenne Regional Medical Center
was founded in 1867 as a tent hospital by the Union Pacific
Railroad to treat workers injured while building the
transcontinental railroad. Today, we are the largest hospital in
the state of Wyoming, employing over 2,000 people, and treating
over 350,000+ patients from southeastern Wyoming, western Nebraska,
and northern Colorado. We pride ourselves on patient and employee
experience by living our core values of Integrity, Caring,
Compassion, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Excellence to
I.N.S.P.I.R.E. great health.Our team makes a difference every day
by providing trusted healthcare expertise through a passionate and
I.N.S.P.I.R.E.(ing) approach with a personal touch. By living our
values, we aim to achieve our goal of becoming a 5-star rated
hospital, providing critical support and resources to our community
and the greater region we serve. If you are eager to make a
difference and passionate about healthcare, we encourage you to
apply today!Why Work at Cheyenne Regional?
- Competitive compensation ($35.00- $50.00 per hour based on
years of experience)
- $10,000 sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance provided (amount is based on where you
- ANCC Magnet Hospital
- 403(b) with 4% employer match
- 21 PTO days per year (increases with tenure)
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer Sponsored Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance programA Day in the Life of a Resource Pool
RNThe Resource Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates and supervises individual patient care according to unit
policies and procedures. Accepts responsibility for direction of
co-workers in the implementation of care plans. Assigned to
multiple units according to distribution of staff and patients.Here
Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Completes nursing assessment of patient and documents
appropriately into patient chart.
- Develops and reviews and revises a plan of care, including a
discharge plan, based upon the assessment of patient's needs.
- Implements medical and nursing orders per plan of care and
- Evaluates patient's response to care and engages in patient and
family teaching as appropriate.
- Oversees staff (LPN, CNA, and PSA) assigned for providing
- Participates in Bedside Shift Report.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager to assure the
integration of the ANA's Scope & Standards of Practice, assuring
that these standards are identified as the measurement criteria for
nursing practice on the unit.
- Coordinates patient care in collaboration with providers and
ancillary departments to achieve quality outcomes.
- Completes Unit specific orientation and ongoing training and
competencies as assigned based on department role, scope of
services, and organizational standards.Desired Skills
- Demonstrates effective leadership and professional/clinical
skills according to Standards of Care, to include drug
- Ability to assess a patient's condition
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to formulate plan of care,
select appropriate interventions, and evaluate patient's response
to plan of care and problem solve as needed
- Ability to explain to patient/family the nursing process and
how it helps meet the patients' needs and improve patient outcomes.
Job RequirementsHere Is What You Will Need:
- Wyoming Registered Nurse License or enhanced Nurse Licensure
- Two (2) or more years of nursing experience
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start
- Six (6) months: AHA ACLS within six (6) months of start
- Six (6) months: CPI certification/training within six (6)
months of start date
- One (1) year: NIHSS certification/training within one (1) year
of start dateNice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited school of
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional, Cheyenne , Registered Nurse - Resource Pool - Nights, Healthcare , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!