Licensed Military Family Life Child Therapist- Youth Center
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description Leidos is seeking a Licensed Child Therapist to
support F.E. Warren Air Force Base Youth Center, Wyoming.Many
people like you, who have behavioral or mental health experience,
are finding satisfaction in the non- medical counseling profession.
Your education and experience can more effectively help people
navigate life's challenges when you're not spending long hours
completing billing and documentation, filing paperwork or sitting
at a desk all day. The MFLC model emphasizes simple and easy
documentation used for reporting activity only:
- No long narratives to generate
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plansResponsibilities include:
- Work at installation Child Development Centers (CDCs) typically
with children 0-5, before or after-school care centers for
school-aged children, youth and teens on educational activities and
appropriate developmental focus.
- Build rapport with parents and families by attending events and
creating education and awareness about the importance of counseling
- Help children with transition adjustments, such as a new school
and a new home.
- Developing and/or using approved counseling, training and
education programs and materials.
- Communicating information regarding trends and issues at
assigned installation to Team Leads.
- Participating in regular in-service training or other contract
activities as assigned.
- Participating in installation and community events.Minimum
- A Master's degree or higher in the Behavioral Health
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Clinical Mental
Health Counselor (CMHC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or
Licensed Psychologist in the state of Wyoming.
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a
Child National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance,
commonly called a Public Trust clearance.Counseling services are
generally preventive in nature and address topics such as living
conditions, life skills, relationships at home and work, stress
management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear,
grief, loss and much more. Our counselors use their clinical skills
and experience to identify high-risk behaviors and assist in
referral for ongoing treatment and support.While helping America's
bravest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- Free work-related professional development courses.
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks.
- Paid federal holidays.A career of purpose-serving our nation's
military children and families-is open for you, an empathetic,
supportive and motivational licensed therapist who can proactively
help military children overcome common challenges such as
deployment of a parent, frequent relocation and emotional
management.Leidos partners with the Department of Defense's (DoD's)
Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program to provide
highly confidential counseling services and support to military
service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is
preventive in nature and aims to address and solve issues before
they become more harmful problems. Pay Range: Pay Range $54,600.00
- $84,000.00 - $113,400.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Cheyenne , Licensed Military Family Life Child Therapist- Youth Center, Healthcare , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!