Licensed Military Family Life Child Therapist- Freedom Elementary School
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Description Leidos is hiring licensed behavioral health
professionals to join our Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC)
Child and Youth Behavioral team to support Freedom Elementary
School at F.E. Warren, Wyoming. This is a 9-month school calendar
position that will reflect the schools calendar that you would
support.Join the mission to support U.S. military service members
and their families as they work through important military life
adjustments while serving their country. The Child and Youth
Behavioral Military and Family Life Counselor (CYB-MFLC) position
offers a unique opportunity to serve a vital role, in providing
non-medical support, which includes counseling, consultation, and
outreach, to eligible faculty, staff, parents, children, and youth.
Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and aims to address
and provide solution focused approaches to issues before they
become greater challenges.Military children face unique emotional
and environmental challenges due to the stress of military life.
This is an opportunity for you to reach them where and when you are
most needed.CYB-MFLC responsibilities include:
- Work at school(s) that are populated by military youth and
- Observe, participate, and engage in activities with youth
and/or teens; provide coaching, guidance and support to staff and
parents; and model behavior management techniques for staff and
- Offer presentations to address social skills development and
social emotional learning that is crucial for youth and teenage
- Promote creativity and positivity through approved
- Build rapport with parents and families by attending
installation and community events.
- Help with transition adjustments, such as a new school and a
- Participate in regular in-service training or other contract
activities as assigned.
- Communicate information regarding trends and issues at assigned
installation to Team Leads.CYB-MFLC will also benefit from:
- No insurance to file.
- No progress notes required.
- No treatment plans to develop.
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or
- Paid federal holidays.
- Free and unlimited behavioral healthcare training.
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
- Centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence
that provides best practices, expert speakers, and state-of-the-art
resources.Additional Job Duties May Include:
- Responding to emergent situations in any physical location on a
- Traversing long distances to both indoor and outdoor locations,
to maneuver through rugged, outdoor, or uneven locations
(ascend/descend), and work in outdoor weather.
- Travelling to locations outside of a military base in a variety
of physical environments.
- Due to the nature of working on military installations or
related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various
site-specific requirements to work at designated locations.Minimum
- A master's degree or higher in the Behavioral Health
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW,
MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a
Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance,
commonly called a Public Trust clearance.Pay Range:Pay Range
$54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Cheyenne , Licensed Military Family Life Child Therapist- Freedom Elementary School, Healthcare , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!