Food Service Worker, Community Corrections
Posted on: October 12, 2018
At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Food Service Worker, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
* More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
* Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
* Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
* PTO & paid holidays.
* Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Food Service Worker, Community Corrections performs high volume food preparation of average difficulty and/or leads residents in food production activities. Follows proper food handling procedures to ensure compliance with processes, food preparation methods and sanitary standards.
* Participates and/or leads resident workers in the preparation of meals and special diets in accordance with standard menus and recipe cards approved by a registered dietitian. Assists and/or leads residents in cleaning the kitchen and equipment, cooking and baking volume meals and receiving and storing supplies.
* Assists in and/or directs the serving of meals in accordance with feeding schedule and in compliance with standards to include portion control, temperature and proper serving procedures.
* Conducts inspections of equipment and work area, to include kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for compliance with the requirements of all applicable policies, procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety laws; reports results of inspections as required.
* Assists in maintaining inventory and in ordering and receiving food and food preparation supplies.
* Maintains a variety of routine records and prepares routine reports such as food stores, meal counts, work schedules, production records, temperature logs and resident disciplinary reports; properly process all reports and documents in a timely manner.
High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required. Experience in food service and good knowledge of volume food service operation, including safety and sanitation is preferred. Must meet all state and local government food handling requirements. Must be available to work any hours, any shift. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: CoreCivic, Cheyenne , Food Service Worker, Community Corrections, Hospitality & Tourism , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!