Blood Bank Lead - Lab Technical Lead
Company: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
ROLE SUMMARYThe Lab Technical Lead coordinates, plans and
directs the daily functioning of the lab section. Performs
laboratory testing, including waived, moderate and high complexity,
to aid the physician in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients.
Utilizes professional judgment and critical thinking skills to
develop new procedures or methods, educate others and improve
systems. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to
provide quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
Serves as a technical expert to other technical staff.CORE
- Organizes and performs laboratory testing in lab areas that are
assigned and in which employee is determined competent. Ensures
that testing is in compliance with applicable laboratory governing
- Uses critical thinking skills and professional judgment to
evaluate test results, troubleshoot complex lab problems and
provide clinical interpretations and expertise to other healthcare
- Assures quality results through the use and evaluation of
control materials, proper instrument maintenance, proper daily
documentation and collection and analysis of appropriate
- Performs routine function checks and maintenance on laboratory
analyzers, troubleshoots and repairs instrumentation.
- Utilizes laboratory information system (LIS) and network
appropriately and efficiently.
- Completes a minimum of ten (10) continuing education contact
hours per year or twenty (20) contact hours per two years.
- Provides leadership, training, and competency assessment to
technical staff. Responsible for technical oversight of the lab
section, leads special projects, provides suggestions to improve
processes, and serves as a technical resource. Responsible for
staff scheduling in section. Collaborates with Lab Manager and
Director on employee evaluations within section.
- Responsible for oversight of inventory within section, which
includes submitting orders for section supplies for daily
operations, as well as collaborating with Lab Director on
evaluating supply needs for capital budgets.
- Ensures that section resources (staff, equipment, supplies) are
utilized in a manner that optimizes effectiveness while maintaining
cost containment and minimizing waste.
- Ensures regulatory compliance of standards specific to
- Responsible for development of new and revisions to current
standard operating procedures in accordance with regulatory
guidelines and standards.
- I understand that it is not within my scope of practice to
handle any medications that I might inadvertently come in contact
with, including medications delivered in the pneumatic tube system.
If I do come in contact with medications I know to alert a licensed
employee for them to handle.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of
personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform
other duties as assignedSKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Maintains knowledge and skills applicable to the job through
continuing education to comply with current state and certifying
- Ability to perform on-call duties.
- Attention to minute detail.
- Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of
different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies
and procedures, as defined for the organization and
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work well under
pressure.Minimum RequirementsMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree
- MT certification through ASCP, NCA or AMT
- 1-3 years of experience in specific department: Chemistry,
Blood Bank, Hematology, Microbiology
- Demonstrated success in laboratory settingPREFERRED
- Previous leadership experience
- Specialist in Blood Banking Technology, SBB(ASCP)
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Cheyenne , Blood Bank Lead - Lab Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!