Posted on: May 1, 2021
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryAnalytics & Research, Bus Intelligence & Management
InformationTarget Openings1Job Description SummaryEnterprise Data &
Analytics Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled
professionals who are leading Travelers analytics journey and
driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive
advantage for our company. We accomplish this by helping the
enterprise adopt various technology platforms ranging from storage,
compute (private and public cloud), AI, Predictive modelling, Data
Management, Data Ops and Data Products.Primary Job Duties &
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently review, prepare, design and integrate moderately
complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and
recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues.
- Apply moderate data derivations and assist with complex
business transformation rules and data requirements.
- Perform analysis of moderately complex (type, quality, volume)
sources to determine value and use.
- Recommend data to include in analytical projects.
- Create simple (technology and features) data visualization
techniques to help support data exploration.
- Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Operationalize and automate moderately complex (more systems,
data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) data
- Build, test, and implement moderately complex analytic business
processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to
formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or
- Data Culture:
- May present complex information to next level of
- Work within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Incorporate core data management competencies - data
governance, data security, data quality.
- Share knowledge and Independently train business users on data
products/analytic environment when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- 3 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and
manipulation required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College Degree in STEM related field
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools, techniques, and
manipulation preferred. Examples (but not limited to):
- Big data and Cloud platforms
- Programming languages - SAS, SQL, Spark, Python, Hive, AWS
- Visualization platforms: QlikView, Tableau, MicroStrategy and
- 4 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and
manipulation preferred.Job Specific Technical Skills &
CompetenciesIntermediate knowledge of data tools, techniques, and
manipulation preferred in one or more of the following:
- Data concepts - Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Model, DB
Design, Data Mapping
- Data platforms - RDBMS, Big Data and Cloud
- Data integration tools - Talend, Ab Initio
- Scheduling tools - Autosys, Control-M
- Programming languages - Spark, Python, Java
- Dev Ops - Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment,
- Data serialization formats - Parquet, Orc
- Cloud services - Ex: AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda),
- Containerization technologies - Docker, KubernetesEnvironmental
/ Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment - Continuously
- Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - ContinuouslyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email
(TAPHYREQ@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.
Keywords: Travelers, Cheyenne , ETL Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!