Database Sustainment Specialist
Company: nika solutions
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Database Sustainment Specialist Department: Facilities Operations Management Location: Cheyenne, WY, US Database Sustainment Specialist If you're an experience data entry specialist looking for a great opportunity near Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, we've got just the job for you! The Database Sustainment Specialist is an ideal position for military spouses or other civilians living on or near the base. You'll work with the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) system, which helps the Defense Health Agency (DHA) manage materials and logistics for our nation's military medical facilities. You'll be part of a project designed to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of health care delivery, while gaining valuable experience and unique expertise to build your career! Education High school diploma required; associate's degree or higher education preferred. Position Requirements
- Strong data entry experience required; 2+ years DMLSS experience preferred. If you do not have previous DMLSS experience, you will receive onsite training by your Facility Manager, and attend a week-long training session (will require travel to either MD or TX).
- Support medical facility life cycle management using the DMLSS-FM module to manage the preventive and corrective maintenance program.
- Ability to perform the following tasks:
- Track preventive maintenance (scheduled) and repair (unscheduled) performed at the facilities.
- Assist in the identification of trends through review of work requests.
- Create, update and closeout work requests.
- Perform work order management support for repair services in the DMLSS Equipment Management module.
- Create and maintain the DMLSS facility management database inventories within DMLSS-FM.
- Maintain Facility Room and FSI/RPIE inventories through the population of the data elements/fields.
- Maintain historical cost data on individual RPIE items to support the facility life cycle.
- Update the Joint Medical Asset Repository (JMAR) website to ensure it contains accurate data.
- Maintain records of all active facility projects in the DMLSS-FM Project Management module.
- Maintain status of all active projects to include contract modifications/change orders.
- Provide management data input to MAJCOM data calls.
- Create and maintain maintenance procedure and preventive maintenance schedule records.
- Provide support to administer the DMLSS Regulatory Compliance module.
- Support Life Safety work requests and projects.
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes for the MTF Environment of Care (EOC) Committee meetings.
- Perform other EOC-related duties (development of EOC meeting briefing slides, maintaining safety inspection reports, documenting metrics, etc.) as requested.
- Record future maintenance, repair, renovation, modernization, and expansion needs in the Requirements Module.
- Transfer findings from written condition assessment reports, inspections, studies, etc., into the Requirements Module.
- Combine individual requirements into bundles as requested by the Facility Manager.
- Check the JMAR website to validate data in the Requirements Module.
- Submit tickets to Military Health System (MHS) Helpdesk to correct any identified problems.
- Ensure the most recent DMLSS-compatible CAD/Drawbase drawings are properly stored on the server.
- Maintain the association between the DMLSS-FM Room Inventory database and DMLSS-compliant Drawbase drawings using the DMLSS-FM Drawing Management module.
- Maintain a list of work requests and projects that result in changes to facility layout (walls, doors, etc.) and sketch ("redline") changes on an existing hard (paper) copy of drawings.
- Input and update BUILDER and RPSS facility data.
- Generate BUILDER Work Plans and reports; submit reports and plans to the Facility Manager and respective HFD Branch Chief(s) on request.
- Maintain accurate contact information on all organizations and personnel who support the medical facility utilizing the Directory module of the DMLSS-FM system.
- Establish and maintain budget records in the System Services Funds module.
- Customize roles and privileges for DMLSS-FM users and ensure authority for usage.
- Standardize in DMLSS-FM all facility project data, work request tracking, funds allocation, key events, RPIE inventories, preventive maintenance procedures, room inventories, and other areas identified by the COR.
- Retrieve all applicable future maintenance, repair, renovation, modernization, and expansion needs from the DMLSS-FM requirements. Other Qualifications
- Must be eligible for a Public Trust/NACI clearance if you do not have clearance already. Active clearance highly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Travel
- One week of travel required for initial DMLSS and Facilities training. About NIKA NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe. NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Apply now
Keywords: nika solutions, Cheyenne , Database Sustainment Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!