WTS International is a 45 year old company dedicated to Building
Better Lifestyles .
Copyright 2018 WTS International, Inc. | All Rights
Posted Date 1 month ago (3/5/2020 4:30 PM)
Region/City Alta, UT
Compensation Commensurate with experience
Position Type Spa
# of Openings 1
Overview WTS International, the world’s leading spa, fitness and
leisure firm, is seeking a Spa Director for a luxury hotel spa in
Alta, UT. The Spa Director is responsible for delivering each
guest a high quality spa service through effective staff training,
developing and adhering to protocol standards, oversight of
professional product inventory, and staff scheduling. The position
also requires oversight of the spa retail products so that there
may be continuity in service to retail processes. A focus on
increasing revenue and controlling expenses is a must.
Responsibilities • Ensures the “WTS Experience” for members
and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS’ Basics to
Excellence (BTE), WTS’ Mission Statement/Values, Standards and
Expectations, and WTS’ Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor
guest feedback through the review of comment cards and other
customer care techniques. Uses guest feedback for quality
• Hires, coaches, and counsels staff ensuring all policies
and standards are attained. Ensures all certifications are valid
and posted as necessary. Monitors staff payroll and ensure staff
attendance is accurate.
• Creates the therapist staff schedules to ensure adequate
coverage within budget requirements.
• Develops training schedules and meeting agendas, conducts
departmental meetings, and ensures strong communication between
therapists and support staff.
• The Spa Manager will ensure all aspects of the spa menu
and any spa specials are accurately portrayed within the spa.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards
them to the Spa Director and WTS Risk Management.
• Supervises effective daily operations including opening
and closing procedures, facility inspections, linens, and general
• Maintains all spa/salon protocols and ensure they are
followed by all staff members. The Spa Manager will effectively
communicate with the spa leadership team to ensure quality spa
experiences and services are offered for all guests.
• Ensures all treatment areas are clean, safe, and
equipment is in working order.
• Conducts monthly inventories for both professional and
retail services and explains any variances.
• Creates and prepares monthly spa reports for the spa and
• Monitors all professional product inventories, linen
usage, service protocols, MSDS sheets, and offers retail and
professional product recommendations.
• Implements proper inventory and purchasing
• Supports monthly promotions and membership sales as set
forth by leadership. Spa Manager must motivate the therapist team
to be flexible and promote additional products and services. Attend
events to builds awareness of the spa.
• Develops and maintains accurate equipment maintenance,
sanitation procedures, and checklists through routine
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through
use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications • High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in the area of Hospitality, Exercise
Science, Health Education, Business or related field.
• 2+ years supervisory experience in a spa environment.
• Knowledge of professional spa services and
• Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills to work
positively with different groups and individuals.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a
variety of duties simultaneously.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and
wellness ideals of the spa environment.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs
for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include
nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient on computer systems and software, including
Visual One, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10
pounds of constantly to move objects.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
• This position requires the following abilities: climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense,
repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual
• The employee will be required to operate the following
tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork,
protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies,
paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness
equipment, and treatment products.
• Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations,
extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes,
odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical
Facility/Job Highlights WTS International, Inc. is an equal
employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a
diverse work force.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.