Help Desk Specialist
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: April 30, 2021
and Functions Open Until Filled GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Wyoming
Department of Transportation (WYDOT) seeks a Driver Services
Helpdesk Specialist located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position
will provide customer service to driver license examiners, staff,
other states, drivers, and customers regarding issuing and
transferring Wyoming Driver Licenses. This position has a large
amount of technical knowledge of the entire Driver Services
organization, focusing on CDLs and assisting with the transfer of
drivers both into and out of Wyoming.Cheyenne is a steadily growing
community along the Front Range but still true to the Old West's
history. The city offers nearby mountain biking, skiing, hiking,
fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities. Cheyenne is also
home to the "Daddy of 'em All" Cheyenne Frontier Days held the last
week of July. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state
income tax. Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467 ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not
intended to describe every function which may be performed at the
- Answer all questions from driver license examiners in Wyoming
and other states via telephone and email relating to issuing and
transferring CDLs, Learner Permits, and other licenses. Monitor the
CDL email group and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Find solutions to issues and concerns for drivers requesting or
currently holding a Wyoming CDL.
- Review the DOT Medical Examiner's Certificates from drivers for
accuracy and enter information in the Registration Information
- Evaluate information for accuracy while ensuring driving
records and credentials are up to date and in compliance with state
laws, federal regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Research and stay current on statutes and laws to answer basic
questions for drivers, field examiners, and state agencies.
- Cooperate with other states and commercial drivers concerning
driver services information.
- Responsible for daily and timely transferring and processing of
driver license and history information on drivers in the CDL
Information System (CDLIS) and State Pointer Exchange System
(SPEXS) for Wyoming and those moving or transferring from other
- Enter electronic reporting of TSA Hazardous Materials
Endorsements and TWIC clearances in the driving records of
commercial licenses and learner permits holders.
- Review driver information and verify proper documentation and
driving privilege clearance on the RIS.
- Review the CDL testing schedule to determine the location and
times for drivers.
- Responsible for working and processing daily electronic data
sent between the states; determine the accuracy and timeliness of
the data entered on drivers' records.
- Schedule and obtain payments for CDL skills testing; process
payments made by credit card.
- Collect, enter, and balance daily money transactions for
- Work manual and electronic surrender license notifications on
all licensed drivers transferring to and from Wyoming.
- Ability to work various duties often, frequently, and as
changes are made. Qualifications PREFERENCES: Preference will be
given for intermediate skill level using Microsoft Word, Google
Drive, Google Calendar, and electronic reporting systems.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of Wyoming State Statutes and Federal Regulations
pertaining to driver license and motor vehicle operation, program
rules, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of program functions and the Driver License
- Knowledge of both the Driving Record Enforcement and Driver
Services Examiners Manuals.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures relating to balancing money
and daily transactions.
- Knowledge of customer service skills, oral and written
communications, as well as interpersonal relations and phone
- Ability to handle customer situations in a courteous, helpful,
and tactful manner.
- Ability to work in a cross-trained team environment where
duties are shared and the ability to also work independently.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's Degree (typically in
Business) Experience: 0-2 years of progressive work experience
(typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of
Drivers Services Specialist OR Education & Experience Substitution:
3-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business)
with acquired knowledge at the level of a Drivers Services
Specialist Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None Necessary
Special Requirements NOTES:
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Applicants must pass an FBI fingerprint check.
- Successful applicant will be subjected to a thorough background
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights
and responsibilities. Supplemental Information 045-Department of
Transportation - WYDOT - Support Services - Driver ServicesClick
here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively
supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants
with disabilities. Class Specifications are subject to change,
please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the
most recent version.
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , Help Desk Specialist, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!