Operator - Downstream Vac Truck
Company: PSC Industrial Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Vacuum truck Operator is repsonsible for the safe operation
of vacuum trucks and equipment to complete single task jobs
requiring one crew as well as turnarounds with management oversight
at client sites. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly
motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to
ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain vacuum
equipment in accordance with appropriate regulations, equipment
specifications, and in line HPC company policies, practices, and
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable DOT regulations and HPC policies, practices and
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client
requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Maintains a current driver's license, or CDL as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while
operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and
equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed
prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without
written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and
driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of
mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as
they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT,
OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries
involving employee or others while operating company
vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services
based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are
secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp
and paper mills, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Skills and experience:
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety
training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to
comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency
- Valid driver's license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements
of company's driving policy required when driving company vehicle
or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Must have a Federal Transportation Workers Identification
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment,
such as fire extinguishers.
- Experience operating a vacuum truck.
- Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry
Keywords: PSC Industrial Services, Inc., Cheyenne , Operator - Downstream Vac Truck, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!