Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position is for an attorney to provide professional legal
representation of and assistance to the Consumer Protection Unit in
the investigation of consumer complaints and enforcement of the
Wyoming Consumer Protection Act, the investigation of antitrust
matters and enforcement of the Wyoming "Antitrust" statutes,
investigation and enforcement of Wyoming's other Consumer laws
including tobacco litigation settlement matters.
Human Resource Contact: Tara Gross (307) 777-7893
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Provide professional legal representation to the Consumer
- Investigate and prosecute multi-state and local consumer
- Investigate and prosecute multi-state and local antitrust
- Assist in the enforcement of the Wyoming telephone solicitation
laws and the Wyoming Consumer Protection Act
- Provide representation in all matters related to the tobacco
All applicants must provide the following as part of the
- Professional resume
- Recent writing sample
- Law school transcript
Please review your application for completeness and accuracy.
Only accurate and complete applications will be reviewed for this
- Those with experience and/or interest in consumer protectionand
antitrust lawsare encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of state and federal law, rules of evidence, rules of
civil procedure, and rules of appellate procedure.
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Exempt
- Ability to travel
- This position is at-will and is appointed by and serves at the
pleasure of the Attorney General (W.S. 9-1-608)
- Successful applicants are required to pass a criminal
015-Attorney General - Human Services Division - Consumer
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent