Temporary Administrative Assistant
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a
temporary Administrative Assistant for the Fuel Tax program in
Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position will perform numerous
administrative tasks, including filing, printing, and organizing
training materials, processing end-user refunds, historical
tracking of program measurements, assisting with archiving and
reviewing carrier and export reports.
Cheyenne is a steadily growing community along the Front Range
but still true to the history of the Old West. The city offers
nearby mountain biking, skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, and other
outdoor activities. Cheyenne is also home to the "Daddy of 'em All"
Cheyenne Frontier Days held every last week of July. Wyoming is one
of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Filing numerous reports
- Printing and organizing training materials
- Processing end-user refunds
- Historical tracking of program measurements
- Assisting with the archiving process
- Reviewing carrier and export reports
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Preferences will be given to individuals with knowledge of
performing numerous administrative tasks, including filing,
printing, and organizing training materials, processing end-user
refunds, historical tracking of program measurements, assisting
with archiving and reviewing carrier and export reports.
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and
- Knowledge and use of computer operations, word processing,
spreadsheets (Microsoft Office Suite), Internet, and database
- Skill in effective communication, both written and verbal, with
the ability to receive information and relay to others in a clear
and concise manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of record-keeping and preparation of reports
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work;
however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying
light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- This is a temporary position, not to exceed nine (9) months,
with no expectation of continued employment, and maybe dismissed at
any time without cause or reason.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
045-Wyoming Department of Transportation - Chief Financial Officer
- Fuel Tax Administration
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively
supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to
the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , Temporary Administrative Assistant, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!