Office Service Support - ENT Clinic
Company: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Office Service Support provides administrative and clerical
support to department or unit. This position is responsible for
scheduling, registration, pre-registration and maintaining accurate
non-clinical patient information. Perform general receptionist
- Greets visitors and checks in patients with accurate
demographic and insurance information.
- Executes the pre-registration and pre-authorization process by
obtaining necessary documentation from the patient, patients
physician, and insurance company.
- Obtains insurance verification by e-verify or phone.
- Obtains necessary signatures for consent for services and
mandatory Medicare documents.
- Encourages and assists patients in registration of patient
- Responsible for scheduling patients for in office
procedures/office visits and relaying patient data to those who
require the information.
- Places patient appointment reminder calls.
- Obtains appropriate co-pays and account payments; responsible
for cash drawer.
- Maintains accurate files and record systems to assist with all
chart preparations for upcoming procedures and record
- Monitors the queues including performing the referral process
through Epic and incoming faxes.
- When applicable, refers patients to Financial Assistance Office
for payment plan or financial assistance.
- I understand that it is not within my scope of practice to
handle any medications that I might inadvertently come in contact
with, including medications delivered in the pneumatic tube system
or shipped to the clinic. If I do come in contact with medications
I know to alert a licensed employee for them to handle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees
may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with
patients, public and co-workers
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and
attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong cognitive and problem-solving skills all
with minimal supervision
- Proficient with standard office equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Background in customer service
- Previous clerical experience
- If working in a clinical area, prior experience in a clinical
- Medical Terminology
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Cheyenne , Office Service Support - ENT Clinic, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!