Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Apprenticeship Expansion Program Support position manages
the grants and contracts' administrative responsibilities for the
on-the-job learning reimbursement program for registered
apprenticeship programs and all other support functions for the
apprenticeship expansion efforts statewide.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8727
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Manages the administrative responsibilities of the
apprenticeship expansion grant program.
- Executes contracts in accordance with federal and state rules
- Monitors contractors/sub-grantees to ensure they are meeting
- Serves as liaison between the division and the public sector or
other agencies to administer and disseminate information.
- Assist in tracking expenditures.
- Recommends acceptance or denial of contract awards.
- Prepares reports for internal and external use.
- Maintain filing system, either electronic or manual, for the
- Coordinate with local workforce center staff to ensure dual
enrollment for participants, provide ongoing technical assistance
for internal staff during the project period, analyze issues, and
Preferencemay be given to candidates with knowledge of
Preference may be given to candidates with grant and contract
Preference may be given to candidates with federal reporting
Preference may be given to candidates with aBachelor's Degree
(typically in Business), plus one yearof progressive work
experience (typically in Business) or 3-4 years of progressive work
experience (typically in Business).
Experiencewith Google and Microsoft products preferred.
- Knowledge of database management and computer/software
- Knowledge of budget operations and management.
- Knowledge of grants and contracts regulations, policies, and
- Knowledge of agency policies, procedures, and philosophy.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- This is an at-will Employee Contract position.
- The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services (DWS) uses
E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of
all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
- Offers of employment will be contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check.
- Limited State benefits are available for this position.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week position.
- This position does not include paid time off or holiday
053-Workforce Services - Office of Workforce Programs
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent