Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
Provides overall case management for economic assistance,
information, and referral cases as assigned.Provides information
and refers to individuals and families to programs and resources,
including self-sufficiency and/or self-responsibility, and will
assure safety and protection.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-3547
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Provides support of economic assistance programs, which may
include TANF, Food Stamps, etc.
- Determines eligibility for programs to assist individuals and
families who meet the various income and asset guidelines within
each of the programs.
- Provides benefits timely and accurate while collaborating with
other state and community partners for the public's health and
- Assists with audits to ensure compliance with state and federal
- Maintains computer databases and enters information.
- Conducts client interviews to determine eligibility.
- Maintains cases once approved.
- Maintains public relations with community referral agencies and
- Recognizes and provides intervention services for people in
- Trains new employees.
- Assists with hearings through written or verbal testimony or
Preference may be given to applicants who are detail-oriented,
multi-task capable, organized, and able to prioritize; good
communicators both orally and written, and have customer service
- Knowledge of effective interviewing techniques, including
attitudes, behaviors, and value judgments, affects worker-client
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures,
- Knowledge of community and governmental resources and programs
and how to access them.
- Knowledge of agency computer systems and their
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal criminal justice processes.
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Benefits
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Benefits
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will
require a background information check, including the taking of
fingerprints, which will be completed through the Wyoming
Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family
Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every
049-Department of Family Services- Family Assistance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent