Property Office Specialist
Company: Laramie County
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under direct supervision, performs various property tax
functions and administrative activities for the Laramie County
Property Tax Department.
Essential Job Functions
Essential function, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is
ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all
functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
- Processes ad valorem tax payments and mobile machinery
- Processes mobile home movement applications; issues tax status
for mobile home title changes.
- Identifies and records assigned County revenues; calculates and
prints land redemptions; processes miscellaneous receipts.
- Researches unpaid taxes; sends notifications of taxes owing to
current property owners.
- Performs cash handling duties including processing cash, check
and credit card payments.
- Answers the telephone; provides the public with general
information regarding County and departmental policies and
procedures; refers inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- As required, drafts correspondence to customers for tax
payments that cannot be processed.
- Assists with calculating and collecting delinquent taxes in
accordance with Wyoming State statutes.
- Provides assistance with annual tax activities; assists with
tax activities including registering patrons for the tax sale,
collecting money for taxes sold, sorting and preparing tax sale
worksheets, and notifying Certificate of Purchase Holders of
subsequent taxes owing.
- Processes and sorts departmental mail including tax bills and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of property tax services and activities.
- Knowledge of tax laws, rules and standards in relation to
property tax collection.
- Knowledge of county tax liens and land redemptions.
- Knowledge of application processes in relation to mobile home
- Knowledge of annual tax sales.
- Skill in performing tax functions and activities.
- Skill in acting as a general information source in relation to
property tax questions.
- Skill in researching and notifying tax payers regarding unpaid
- Skill in drafting general correspondence.
- Skill in processing and sorting departmental mail.
High School Diploma or equivalent; AND one (1) year customer
service experience, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience. Must be bondable.
Keywords: Laramie County, Cheyenne , Property Office Specialist, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!