Front Desk Rep/Office Assistant
Company: Premier Bone & Joint Centers
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Perform customer relations duties with the public, check
patients in and out, ask for and facilitate the receipt of patient
payments, and maintain patient files. Provide assistance to clinic
patients and ensures optimal care for patients by assisting
Physician, Medical Assistant, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed
Practical Nurse, (LPN), and/or Radiology Technologist in the
assessment, treatment, and maintenance of patient health, as well
as maintaining organization in the office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure opening procedures are followed daily; including turning
on lights and computers, prepare clinic per physician's
Answer Telephone/Greet Patients
- Answer telephone and greet patients/visitors in a timely manner
with professionalism and politeness.
Patient Check In/Out
- Check patients in and out via EMR and/or practice
- Compile information to be placed in the patient's chart,
including: verifying New Patient/Old Patient paperwork is accurate
and complete, witnessing consents, explaining and witnessing
acknowledgements, taking patient's photo when needed, and verifying
History and Physical is complete and signed.
- Scan paperwork into EHR, or other indicated software and ensure
files are saved in the appropriate patient chart.
Workers Compensation/Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Obtain correct information, ensure appropriate forms are
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing,
escorting patients back to exam rooms, and preparing for the
Assist Nursing Staff
- Obtain required information as directed by nursing staff;
patient's height, weight, blood pressure, and other needed medical
Assist Radiology Staff
- Help and assist Radiology Technologists with any duties they
may need help with.
- Route orders to appropriate location/facility, and assist with
medical records requests, which can include burning and/or
- Enter and tally correct charges on all encounter forms.
- Collect deductibles, co-payments, and charges, and give
receipts to the patients.
- Schedule patient appointments, including X-Ray and MRI
appointments, within clinic or via telephone in practice management
system. Attach appointment to correct case. Verify correct daytime
- Prepare patients charts for the next clinic day, organized by
each physicians preference.
- Prepare the office for the next clinic day by setting the
coffee maker, setup the exam rooms according to the physicians
preference, have the physicians office ready, and ensure the
refridgerator is stocked.
- Ensure closing procedures are followed daily; including
cleaning exam rooms, restocking pamphlets and supplies in both exam
rooms, nurse stations, and throughout the office, closing windows,
turning off lights, locking doors, tallying Daily Receipt Logs, and
batching credit card machines (if available).
- Perform other duties as directed/required to ensure efficient
operation of the department.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Act as mentor for new employees.
- Accept responsibility for own professional growth and personal
Flexibility & Stressful Situations
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and function under stressful
situations. Responds with flexibility to changing work load and/or
Adherence to Facility/Departmental Policy:
Confidentiality/Right to Privacy
- Observe confidentiality of information in regards to patients,
physicians, and fellow employees. Protect Patient sensitivities and
right to privacy.
- Maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work
- Follow dress code, including wearing identification and
communicate name and role to patient.
Cell Phone Use
- Cell phone may be used for business purposes only. Utilize cell
phone for personal, use only during breaks or meal periods and out
of the public eye.
- Participates in Premier Bone & Joint Centers and departmental
in-services and staff meetings.
Safety & Infection Control Policies
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies.
Care of Environment, Equipment, and Supplies:
- Utilize correct/safe technique when using equipment. Notify
manager of malfunctioning equipment. Perform minor equipment
repairs not requiring a service call.
- Keep inventory list of supplies keeping quantities at a
reasonable level, ensuring adequate stock for next clinic. Aid with
Quill orders, Don Joy Boot orders, and Hand Putty orders, and help
with Hand Putty distribution.
Clean, Neat, Safe Environment
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and
staff, including personal work areas.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
Certification & License(s):
- Certification - BLS Health Care Provider Certification (CPR) -
- Previous experience in customer service and in a medical office
setting - Preferred
- Seeing - Must be able to read reports, patient charts, and to
use a computer - Constant
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with
patients and co-workers - Constant
- Speaking - Must be able to verbally communicate with patients
and co-workers - Constant
- Fingering/Grasping - Must be able to write and type, as well as
grasp a telephone - Constant
- Standing - Frequently
- Sitting - Frequently
- Lifting - Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds -
- The fast paced environment may lead to increased levels of
personal stress and demand high mental acuity.
- Physical harm is possible when performing physical
requirements, as listed above.
- Exposure to communicable disease, bodily fluids, and/or toxic
substances is possible and can be physically harmful.
Unique Work Schedule/Travel
- May be required to work after hours, on weekends, or
Employee Statement of Understanding:
I have read and understand the job description for my position.
I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this
I agree to comply with the corporate compliance policy and all
laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct related to my
position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any
suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my
As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision
of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the
values in all their interactions with patients, customers, and
Note: This description is intended to describe the general job
duties and employment requirements for adequate job performance,
and should not be interpreted as an exhaustive report. Additional
duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of
the employees supervisor.
Keywords: Premier Bone & Joint Centers, Cheyenne , Front Desk Rep/Office Assistant, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!