ATTP99-2021-00173-Seasonal Park Staff-Historic Governors' Mansion-Cheyenne
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Historic Governors' Mansion is authorized to hire up to 2
seasonal interpreters for the summer of 2021. The seasonal
employment period is from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Some seasonal
positions may begin earlier in the year and/or extend longer into
the fall. The actual length of employment depends on the work
location and the type of job performed.
Human Resource Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Present interpretive programs as a historical guide on tours
that explain human history related to the historic site and lead
school and other institutional tours.
- Assist and/or lead public demonstrations of various
- Assist with research as needed for interpretive programs and
exhibits as well as resource management projects.
- Work closely with volunteer tour guides to ensure that
interpretive content is accurate, engaging, and appropriate for
adult and school audiences.
- Assist Curator with special projects in collections and
- Assist in the care of interpretive facilities and special
cultural features of the site, providing directions and other
pertinent information to visitors, explaining safety, rules, and
regulations to visitors to protect and preserve natural,
historical, and cultural features of sites.
- Perform opening and closing duties, cleaning, maintenance, and
limited fee collection duties.
- Assist all sites in the Laramie District with special projects
Preference will be given to applicants who are professional
while providing excellent customer service.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough in completing
- Good interpersonal skills allowing the ability to interact with
visitors from around the world.
- Willingness to work on a variety of assignments every day.
- Excellent communication/public speaking skills and writing
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects with variable
timelines and scopes of work.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, with or without
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources is an Equal
Employment OpportunityEmployerand actively supports the ADA and
reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other
class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to
our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment
024-Department of State Parks & Cultural Resources - St. Parks &
Historic Sites - His. Governor Mansion
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , ATTP99-2021-00173-Seasonal Park Staff-Historic Governors' Mansion-Cheyenne, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!