Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is an agency
committed to providing a safe, high-quality, and efficient
transportation system for the State of Wyoming. We are currently
seeking a Seasonal Laborer for the Facilities Management Program
located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position performs tasks
associated with the maintenance of WYDOT grounds and snow
Cheyenne is a steadily growing community along the Front Range
but still true to the Old West's history. The city offers nearby
mountain biking, skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, and other
outdoor activities. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no
state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- May pick up trash, mow, and provide general maintenance of the
- May operate vehicles, light and heavy equipment, various power
tools and equipment, and supplies.
- Performs duties in removing snow and ice from WYDOT parking
lots, sidewalks, interchanges, and pedestrian overpasses.
- Maintains and operates equipment safely and proficiently.
- Assists skilled trades employees, carpenter, electricians,
plumbers, and HVAC technicians with their assigned tasks, perform
general services duties, and other duties as assigned.
Preference may be given to those with experience in
construction, maintenance, and equipment operations. These are
entry-level positions that require no prior training or
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with a team.
- Willing to learn and follow directions.
- Ability to use equipment safely.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair procedures.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Applicants must work the scheduled hours of Monday - Thursday,
6:00 AM to 4:00 PM and Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Work may be performed both on outside grounds and inside
- Operate vehicles, light and heavy equipment, a variety of power
tools and equipment
- Individuals in this classification must be available for
emergency work calls at any time, including nights and
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- These are temporary positions, not to exceed 9 months
- One position will be filled via this recruitment
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's
- This position requires all successful applicants to be subject
to fingerprints and background checks
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - Field
Operations - Facility Management
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Cheyenne , ATTP99-2021-00896-Seasonal Laborer-Cheyenne, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!