Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position will work collaboratively with others to provide a
clean and safe environment for the employees and public occupying
State facilities. This position is responsible for general cleaning
in various areas and on a variety of different surfaces.
Human Resource Contact: Nicki 307-777-6219,
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Responsible for general cleaning, vacuuming floors and
furniture, emptying trash and recycling containers, dusting,
mopping, sanitizing, washing windows and mirrors, cleaning/stocking
restrooms, bathrooms, and offices.
- Learns where custodial supplies are kept and replenishes
supplies when needed.
- Observes and identifies areas that need repair and submits
information to the supervisor.
- Complies with state and federal policies such as OSHA and
- Operates and maintains equipment, including hand and shop
- Moves furniture and sets up conference rooms for meetings and
- Performs designated watchman rounds to ensure security and
safety, checks building systems for proper function, and updates
- Performs chemical renovations.
- Monitors fire protection systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience
working with cleaning materials and chemicals.
- Knowledge of materials, supplies, equipment, and methods of
more technical cleaning and maintenance.
- Knowledge of blueprints and sketches.
- Knowledge of power and manual tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
High School Diploma
0-6 months of progressive work experience (typically in Building
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Building
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to hazardous materials, bodily fluids, chemicals, body
parts, bio-hazards, potential explosives, and elements.
- Must be able to drive vehicles, and operate large complex
cleaning and grounds maintenance equipment.
- This is adaytime position.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Employment is subject to a successful applicant passing a
006-Department of Administration & Information - General
Services Division - Facilities Operation
Click here toview the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent