Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Cheyenne, WY
Company: Badger Daylighting
Posted on: May 11, 2022
$27/hour based on experience.
Our Cheyenne, WY location is currently looking for Assistant
Hydrovac Operators to join the team. As an Assistant Hydrovac
Operator you will be required to operate our specialized on-board
hydro-vacuum system, while providing safe, customer-focused
services to our customers.
The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks
being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50
plus hours. Travel for short term out of town work assignments
and/or training is to be expected. Training will be provided for
people with a desire to succeed.
To become familiar with "A Day in the Life at Badger" please visit
Badger's Corporate Page.
* Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck
and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and
general maintenance of the equipment.
* Always communicate effectively and professionally and to
demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all
* Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
* Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed
in a safe and professional manner.
* Must be able to follow direction and work both independently and
as part of a team.
* Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and
time and attendance.
* Properly document all Company, Government and Customer paperwork
as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible
* Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
* Must have an acceptable driving record.
* OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant does
not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based
training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of
hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
* Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in
all types of weather conditions.
* Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
* Mechanical inclination is an asset.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment
screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history,
drug and alcohol test, physical (DOT & Non- DOT), and a Functional
Capacity Evaluation (FCE).
Physical Demands Requirements
* Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
* Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach and crawl.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods
* Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some
clients when applicable.
* Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms
from elevated heights.
* Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work
environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We
offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health,
Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings
Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded to
discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before
Keywords: Badger Daylighting, Cheyenne , Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Cheyenne, WY, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!