Cardiovascular Tech I
Company: Cheyenne Regional
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionCheyenne Regional Medical Center
was founded in 1867 as a tent hospital by the Union Pacific
Railroad to treat workers injured while building the
transcontinental railroad. Today, we are the largest hospital in
the state of Wyoming, employing over 2,000 people, and treating
over 350,000+ patients from southeastern Wyoming, western Nebraska,
and northern Colorado. We pride ourselves on patient and employee
experience by living our core values of Integrity, Caring,
Compassion, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Excellence to
I.N.S.P.I.R.E. great health.Our team makes a difference every day
by providing trusted healthcare expertise through a passionate and
I.N.S.P.I.R.E.(ing) approach with a personal touch. By living our
values, we aim to achieve our goal of becoming a 5-star rated
hospital, providing critical support and resources to our community
and the greater region we serve. If you are eager to make a
difference and passionate about healthcare, we encourage you to
apply today!Why work at Cheyenne Regional?
- ANCC Magnet Hospital
- 403(b) with 4% employer match
- 21 PTO days per year (increases with tenure)
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer Sponsored Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance programDay in the life of a Cardiovascular
Tech I:Under the supervision of the Coordinator or RN, assists with
all noninvasive and invasive diagnostic and interventional cath and
EP procedures. Able to meet all performance standards in scrub and
monitor assist positions. Here is what you will be doing:
- Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and
philosophy of CRMC and department/service line.
- Scrubs assistant to the physician: Sets up and maintains the
sterile field. Assists MD throughout the procedure with safe and
appropriate patient positioning and diagnostic and/or
interventional equipment manipulation.
- Maintains proper documentation on cath/EP lab forms within the
scope of practice. Safely transports patients to and from the
- Verifies proper patient preparation pre-procedure.
- Monitors patients throughout non-invasive and invasive
diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Identifies changes in patient's cardiac rhythm and hemodynamic
status. Responsible for accurate and thorough data collection,
measurement and calculations.
- Operates x-ray equipment, balancing quality imaging with
- Functions independently with all cath/EP procedural equipment
which includes operations, troubleshooting and calibration.
- Documents any equipment problems during the procedure and
contacting appropriate responsible parties and/or repair
- Communicates with nursing units, ancillary units/departments
and patient's family as directed by MD or RN.
- Informs management of any unusual concerns, situations or
conditions relative to staff, patients and physicians.
- Performs accurate chart documentation and completing patient
charges in electronic medical record.Desired Skills:
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Establishes and maintains relationships conducive to
collaborative team approach
- Accurately assesses and records patient hemodynamic
- Knowledge of all cardiovascular procedural equipment and
ability to troubleshoot any problems that may arise
- Knowledge of radiologic equipment and radiation safety
- Functions at a high level of competency under the supervision
of RN/MDJob RequirementsHere is what you will need:
- One of the following educations and/or certifications:
Cardiovascular Tech or Rad Tech program, Wyoming RRT, Scrub Tech
Certification, Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or
Wyoming or National EMT or Paramedic Certification
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start
- 6 Months: AHA ACLS within 6 months of start date
- 6 Months: IV training and competency within 6 months of start
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional, Cheyenne , Cardiovascular Tech I, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!