Security Officer - Unarmed
Company: Allied Universal - Risk Advisory and Consulting Se
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Allied Universal - Risk Advisory and Consulting Services, North
America's leading specialized risk and threat assessment,
prevention, intelligence, and investigative practices provides
rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working
in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of
a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities
and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision
coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs,
company discounts, perks and more for most full-time
positions!Allied Universal - Janitorial Services is looking to hire
a Security Officer. This position is responsible for the safety and
security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers act
as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they
detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near
their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property,
clients, guests or employees at the site. Pay rate 13.00 / Hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary
to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security
services to protect people and property.
- Report safety concern, security breaches and unusual
circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both
client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees.
- Answer phones or greet guests/ employees in a professional,
- Could be required to work for multiple clients at multiple
locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open
shifts.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 18 years
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the
state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of
all required License at all times, and must carry the License at
all times while on duty.
- Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver's License with
at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no
major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in
last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24
months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company
policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully
complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment
drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver's Record
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain
correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all
levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and
effective manner, including with clients
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative
wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and
consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to
oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and
understand all operating procedures and
instructions.PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to
stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person
and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read
computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands
and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to
climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level
required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers,
view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor
conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment,
with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a
calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively
manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage
them to perform at optimum levels.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.Allied
Universal - is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability,
protected veteran status or relationship/association with a
protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected
by law. For more information: If you have any questions regarding
Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and
Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an
alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time
during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact
our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you,
please visit: .
Keywords: Allied Universal - Risk Advisory and Consulting Se, Cheyenne , Security Officer - Unarmed, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...