Claims Service Specialist
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims Service Specialist in Cheyenne, WY!
Do you enjoy helping others? In this position, you will be able to help customers in their time of need while being responsible for obtaining first notice of loss reports for non-complex auto claims through an Express Claim Center. You will handle customer questions on processes, policies, next steps, and update claim information. You will perform a variety of routine tasks of basic complexity requiring some independent judgment and are expected to provide compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
What you will do:
- Use Allstate's state-of-the-art NextGen claims system to file new claims and bring existing claims to resolution
- Review investigation notes and determine coverage and liability for non-complex losses
- Explain basic claim process and provides information of a general nature to customers
- Research and respond to customer inquiries within service levels
- Work in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes to assist customers through the claims process
- Able to adhere to call center guidelines, schedules, and measurements
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and agent information
- Utilizes technology to approve and process claims payment and vehicle inspections
- Achieve targeted performance goals to support Allstate's industry leading operation standard
- Utilize critical thinking skills to discover innovative ways of working and resolve complex problems in a team environment
- Thrive in an inclusive team environment that encourages diversity, balance and innovation
Start Date: Sunday, May 12th, 2019
Starting salary: $15.00 hourly / $31,200 annually (paid bi-weekly)
- Paid 5 week training program which includes classroom and hands on training.
- Training schedule will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM
- Complete training runs for 5 weeks and is mandatory. Due to the importance of training, no time off will be permitted during this period
- Permanent shift will be determined at a later date
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Casual work environment
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about our benefits at Allstate Good Life
If you're up to the challenge, here are some of the qualifications you'll need to apply:
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Bilingual candidates fluent in English and Spanish encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to applyIf you are selected, you are required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate, Cheyenne , Claims Service Specialist, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!