Transport Driver***$10,000 Sign on Bonus***
Posted on: May 19, 2019
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation?s premiere propane company,
serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. ?Together, our 8,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from
1,400 distribution points across the United States.Are you a
Safety-minded Class A Driver looking for a great opportunity? If
so, PTI (Propane Transport International) is looking for you. PTI,
the Supply and Logistics division of AmeriGas is now hiring
Regional Class A Drivers that are safety minded. ?PTI specializes
in transporting a variety of bulk commodities around the United
States. PTI is the largest LPG carrier in the nation. PTI has a
World Class Safety attitude focusing on stringent guidelines for
equipment, vehicle maintenance and driver training in order to
provide safe delivery of products to our customers.The ideal
candidate will work in the Cheyenne, WY area during the summer
months but be willing to workout of area i.e. Utah, Nevada,
California in the Winter.Job Description:The Transport Driver
operate a tractor with a tanker trailer (11,000 gallon capacity) to
pick up products at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline
terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area facilities. PTI
Drivers are Regional Drivers that are out overnight 2-3 days per
week. The driver will make daily pick-ups and deliveries while
driving an average of 350-500 miles per day and working up to 14
hours per day. During the months of November through February, the
driver can conduct up to five deliveries a day. PTI?s average run
is around 100 miles per load; and working to the Hours of Service
limitations.? During Spring and Summer, the driver is expected to
haul other products such as Asphalt, Emulsions, Butane, Y-Grade,
and other chemical products.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely drive and deliver products for AmeriGas PTI.
- Load and Unload at pickup and delivery points.? Average time to
load and unload is 45 minutes, but wait times at the rack can
increase these times based on the industry demand.
- Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane
into the tanker.
- Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses
stored in the truck to unload the tanker.? The hoses stored on the
truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter;
and 19 feet long, 1??inches in diameter.
- Perform twice daily truck inspections: Pre-Trip and Post-Trip
- May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges
at the top of the bulk tanks.Education and Experience Required:
- 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience.? 200,000 miles
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred not
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2
- Driver is expected to work out in the elements during loading
and unloading process.
- Driver must be willing to stay 2-3 nights out on the road up to
several weeks at a time during the busy winter season.
- All PTI Trucks are equipped with sleeper-cabs.
- PTI provides (Company and Owner Operators) electronic log
device (ELD) (Rand McNally).
- Company Trucks are equipped with Lytx Drive-Cams.PTI Offers our
- Excellent Competitive Pay
- Quarterly Safety and Performance Bonus
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, and 401K
- Referral Bonus Program
- EZ Pass providedAmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. ?Candidates
must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal
background check. ?AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Amerigas, Cheyenne , Transport Driver***$10,000 Sign on Bonus***, Other , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!