Senior Business Analyst - NBS/NCE
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.The Senior Business Analyst (BA) guides the team in
improving processes, products, services and software through data
analysis. This position supports the team in gathering, documenting
and testing requirements. In addition, the Senior BA is an advocate
for improvements and working as a whole team to accomplish goals.
This position, along with the rest of the team, is responsible for
- Elicits details from product owners, stakeholders and team
members to better understand user stories and acceptance
- Works with the team to break stories into smaller stories or
tasks when required.
- Performs software testing and report test results, test
progress and product quality for the team.
- Responds to change quickly, including changing, adding or
- Provides a positive and solution-oriented approach with team
members and stakeholders.
- Is a resource for onboarding new team members.
- Utilizes critical, quality-oriented, skeptical thinking about
- Drives implementation of improved processes.
- Coaches and mentors other team members.
- Acts as an influencer.
- Collaborate with product designers.
- Analyze, define, and document detailed software requirements
which will be decomposed to create engineering
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, preferably in an
- Experience mentoring others and/or leading a significant change
within a team.
- Experience with Kanban and JIRA/Confluence.
- Practice writing Gherkin-based acceptance criteria.COMPETENCIES
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under
- Good time management skills to plan and organize own work.
- Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Focus on continuous improvement and delivering value.For CO
Residents: Pay is $75,000-$90,000Our benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off,
401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance,
employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program,
tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and
long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to
learn more about our benefits: LINK
(http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and
takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or
sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service
animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other
status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
email@example.com .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Free Workplace.You may know Nelnet as the nations largest student
loan servicer but we do more than that. A lot more. Were also a
professional services company, consumer loan originator and
servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12
and higher education expert (and thats just a shortlist). For over
40 years, weve been serving our customers, associates, and
communities to make dreams possible.EEO Info
(https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) - EEO
- FMLA Info
Keywords: Nelnet, Cheyenne , Senior Business Analyst - NBS/NCE, Professions , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!