Guest Service Representative
Company: Holiday Inn Express-Cheyenne
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Position Summary: As the Guest Service Representative, you greet
and welcome guests to the hotel and make them feel comfortable
while gathering their information for proper guest check-in and
check-out. You must perform all Guest Service Representative duties
in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
Reports to: The Assistant General Manager or Guest Service Manager
(whichever is applicable to the hotel) is your immediate
supervisor. In the absence of the Assistant General Manager and/or
Guest Service Manager, the General Manager is your immediate
supervisor. In the absence of your immediate supervisors, the
Regional Manager assigned to the hotel is available to answer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Offers courteous and sincere hospitality at all times.
Understands what is meant by "good guest service". (Provides the
public with uniform, consistent, efficient, courteous, high-quality
service in addition to a clean hotel and grounds.)
2. Answers questions about the hotel and community, is
knowledgeable about the location of local attractions, restaurants
and shopping, and answers complaints or concerns by the guests.
3. Is part of the hotel's security team and is responsible for
immediately reporting any potential safety or security hazards to
4. Greets guests and checks them in and out using the computerized
property management system. Completes all necessary paperwork for
checking guests in and out, including guest registration
information, appropriate room charges and any other necessary
5. Promotes all Company/Brand loyalty programs
6. Handles cash and is able to accurately count cash and make
accurate change for guests. Responsible for cash transactions.
Knows procedure for obtaining proper credit card
7. Operates the switchboard using proper telephone etiquette,
taking and transferring calls as required, taking messages
accurately, always noting time and date, recording and making guest
wake-up calls. Able to operate a TDD (Telecommunications Device for
8. Follows all emergency procedures and knows how to respond in the
event of different types of emergencies. This requires mobility to
travel from room to room and up and down stairs to notify guests
and also assist guests in evacuating the hotel.
9. Knows room rates, locations, and furnishings of all rooms.
10. Knows physical make-up and layout of the building, both
interior and exterior.
11. Reviews front desk log and records the activities of your
shift, in the log.
12. Responsible for balancing cash drawer and shift deposit.
Completes all necessary paperwork.
13. Reports any problems, orally or in writing, concerning the
front desk, guest relations, and maintenance to immediate
supervisor on a daily basis.
14. Takes reservations and cancellations received over the
telephone, through the front desk computer, through the mail, over
the fax and in person and accurately inputs data in the property
15. Is responsible for being aware of any changes in hotel
operations and policies.
16. Locks and secures the front desk area at any time when required
to leave the area (is required to take and use portable telephone
for guest needs and potential emergencies).
17. Keeps all entrances and sidewalk areas reasonable free of snow
18. Checks outside lighting each night and reports any problems
(bulbs out, etc.) on a maintenance request form.
19. Delivers rollaways, cribs, and additional guest supplies
(towels, soap, glasses, etc.) to guest rooms when requested.
20. Follows procedures for handling disorderly conduct in guest
rooms and public areas of the hotel.
21. Keeps front desk area and lobby clean and orderly at all times
(dust, vacuum, clean windows and doors, empty trash, etc.).
22. Makes coffee; supplies and cleans coffee bar/great room area.
Restocks and cleans pantry/suite shop if available as a guest
23. Helps secure guest lodging with referrals when the hotel is
24. Keeps all areas of the front desk area supplied with necessary
items. Reports to immediate supervisor any supplies that are
25. As lost and found items are turned in, records and places in
proper storage area.
Guest Service Representative Job Description
26. Cleans guest rooms, either when the hotel is full and there is
a vacant room that needs to be cleaned to be sold, or when the
hotel is short of housekeeping staff.
27. Complies with BBP, OSHA, and Hazcomm 2012 standards. Knows the
potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal
protective equipment required. Uses personal protective equipment
as directed by Safety Data Sheets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To
perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to speak and
understand the English language. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms heights up to 72 inches. The employee is
required to frequently walk up and down stairs, bend to the floor,
lift, push and pull weights up to 50 pounds. The employee is
required to push a stocked housekeeping cart weighing approximately
200 lbs. and reach items on the top of the cart, which is
approximately 48 inches from the floor. In addition, the employee
must be able to reach the lowest shelf on the cart at an
approximate height of 6 inches from the floor. Scrubbing involves
repetitive pushing and pulling with hands, arms, elbows, and
shoulders. Scrubbing also involves extensive bending, stooping and
kneeling. The employee is required to frequently lift shovel and
snow weights up to 20 pounds.
Other Duties: 1. Completes any correspondence concerning front desk
matters (reservations, confirmations, sales letters, direct bills,
2. Maintains all records and files used at the front desk in hotel
operations or required by management: (occupancy percentages, room
attendant sheets, reservation records, billing statements, tracking
sheets, guest messages etc.). 3. Performs any additional duties
that, from time to time, may be assigned by immediate
4. Completes all on-going required trainings and certifications,
and trainings suggested by the General Manager or Brand
This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, skills,
duties, requirements, efforts and working conditions associated
with the job. While this job description is intended to be a
representative explanation of the current job duties, management
reserves the right to revise the job duties or to require that
other or different duties be performed when circumstances change
(emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.). I acknowledge
that I have received, read and understand the Guest Service
Representative job description which is printed on 2 pages,
including this page. I can perform all of the essential functions
and physical demands of the job (with or without reasonable
accommodation), with only the following exception(s):
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express-Cheyenne, Cheyenne , Guest Service Representative, Sales , Cheyenne, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!